- 1 cup Butter Unsalted, Melted, Should be cooled so that it’s warm and not very hot
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1.5 cups Pecans Roughly chopped, Unsalted, Preferably toasted
- 1/2 cup Toffee bits Optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, cinnamon powder, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Mix in pecans and toffee bits until evenly distributed.
- Chill dough for 30-45 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll into balls. The chilled dough will seem a bit crumbly but the warmth of your hands will help bring the dough together into small balls.
- Optional: Roll each cookie dough ball in a bowl of granulated sugar, if you like. I don’t usually do it but my Mom does it.
- Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 11-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and firm along the edges. They will be “poofy” in the center and deflate as they cool. If they don’t deflate fully to your liking, you can press down gently with the back of a spoon. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days.
READ ALSO:chocolate cake swiss