- Preheat oven to 350F/175C degrees. Put butter and chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 20-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Do not overheat.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixer bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate on a low speed. Mix in flour mixture just until combined. If the batter is too runny, place it in the fridge for 30-60 minutes until it firms up a bit.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in centers, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or they can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw them on the counter, still covered, or overnight in the fridge.
READ ALSO: Grandma’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake