- ▢ 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- ▢ 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- ▢ 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ▢ 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ▢ 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- ▢ 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ▢ 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- ▢ 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- ▢ 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- ▢ Peel and cut the poatoes. Place them in a bowl with cold water for an hour. After one hour discard the water and replace it with fresh cold water. Keep the potatoes in water for another hour.
- ▢ Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- ▢ Discard the liquid, arrange the potatoes on a kitchen towel, top them with another kitchen towel, and dry them really well.
- ▢ Add potatoes to a large bowl, drizzle with the oil and season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, dried parsley, and garlic. Toss to combine and arrange them on the prepared baking tray in one layer only and with enough space between the pieces.
- ▢ Roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes, flipping occasionally, until crispy and golden.
- ▢ Remove the potatoes from the oven and season with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle over with parsley, some parmesan cheese, and serve immediately!
READ ALSO: Carne Asada Mexican Street Tacos