- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot or large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Stir in the onion and a good pinch of salt. Let the beef brown and the onion sweat out, stirring occasionally. When the beef is cooked though, drain the fat, and return the mixture to your pot.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Let the mixture come to a bubble, and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened and all the flavors have had time to come together, about 15-20 minutes. If it starts to stick, add a touch more water.
- Serve hot on top of you favorite hots dogs and rolls. Feel free to top the sauce with extra mustard, chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, and/or a bit of your favorite hot sauce.
READ ALSO: Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas !